Android is one of the most commonly used operating systems developed by Google. It was designed for handy devices like mobile phones and tablets. The OS offers multiple features with flexible download, install and develop options. Are these features restricted to handheld devices or is an Android Operating System for PC also possible?
If you are wondering that is it possible to download the Android Operating system on Windows then the answer is an absolute Yes. Not one or two but there are a number of applications available online to use Android on your Windows PC or Mac. You just need to figure out which one amongst them is the best for your purpose.
Now your purpose or reason to install the Android OS for PC can vary. It can be just to surf your social media through a bigger screen or to use your keyboard and mouse for a better gaming experience or just for the sake of it. No matter what the purpose is, the first fully 64-bit compatible version of Android is Android 5.0. After which the Android emulation process has evolved over the years and has become easier.
The article below lists the 14 best Android OS for Windows PC that enables users to have a smoother working environment of Android on their Computer.
14 Best Android OS for PC
Android emulators can be used for three major purposes: gaming, developing applications and testing them, and for their capability to increase productivity.
You can download the emulator which matches your list of required advantages and enjoy the Android environment on your Windows device.
One of the most in-demand options for Android emulators is Bluestacks. It extends its accessibility across both Mac and Windows. Apart from this, it comes with a variety of inbuilt features to provide a quality gaming experience to gamers. The common functionalities of Bluestacks include an Instance Manager that allows users to create more than one instance and run multiple games parallelly, a mapping tool that allows you to manage control schemes, Eco Mode that reduces the usage of resources, etc.
- Enables HD quality gaming
- Allows screen capturing
- Record videos
- Optimized usage of resources of your PC
- Manage inbuilt controls
- Enables users to run almost all the applications.
- Can generate shortcuts for applications.
- Does not require any registration for downloading and installing the emulator
- Allows using apps from app stores and from the APK files too.
- Does not work on Linux
- Home screen customization is not possible
- Too many ads in the free version
Also Read: Best Android PC Suite For Windows
2. LD Player
The next best Android OS for PC is LD Player which converts your system to a gaming platform for Android games. It provides some advanced functionalities like keymapping, multi-instance support, macro support, and many more.
It enables users to have a joyful gameplay experience for both solo games and online multiplayer games like Clash of Clans, Free Fire, etc. Also, it is an all-rounder emulator as it is used for social apps like Instagram, TikTok, and other similar social media platforms.
- Active updates to enhance compatibility issues
- Graphic support
- Great control over keyboard mapping
- High speed
- Available for Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Inbuilt customized mapping
- Available for free
- Borrows the development design from Bluestacks
3. Prime OS
As the name signifies Prime OS is another emulator in the list of best Android OS for PC with an interface that is user-friendly and easily navigable. It supports both platforms i.e Mac and Windows. The Prime OS provides a file manager that can keep all your data assembled in one place.
- A comprehensive desktop experience
- Easy compatibility with Windows and Mac
- Friendly user interface
- Custom key mapping controls
- High-speed performance
- Easier switch between tabs by using Alt and Tab keys simultaneously
- In-built manager for files and other data management.
- Android games on PC
- Better performance when compared to other available options of its types.
- Provides a desktop interface
- Full-screen support is not available.
4. Chrome OS
The next one on the list of best Android OS for PC is Chrome OS. It is an easier option that can be used by people who are not so tech-savvy but want to experience an Android-like environment on their PC in the most inexpensive way.
- Easily Compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac
- Secure platform
- Provides a personal search assistant
- Easy setup, implementation, and usage
- Devoted launcher to launch applications quickly and easily
- Has a Status Bar that displays battery percentage, network connections, and other relevant information.
- Smooth operations
- Affordable option
- Safe and Secure option
- RAM usage is higher
- Not too good for advanced users
- Requires high internet speed
It is the best Android OS for PC that delivers the exact environment of Android on your Windows PC. It can only run on Computers that are 64 bit. It can run both Android and Linux apps on your OS. The key features of the open-source Android OS are listed below.
- Improved security due to usage of Chinese algorithms.
- The Graphical User Interface is very lightweight
- Easily compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Features like Encryption and biometric
- Has an inbuilt File and Task Manager
- Supports multi-window processing
- Contains pre-installed apps
- UEFI boot manager that supports all the OS ( Windows, Mac, a Linux)
- The native Graphic User Interface is very lightweight.
- Does not support 32-bit computers.
- Face frequent glitches in older systems
Also Read: Top 10+ Android TV Apps of All Time
6. Phoenix OS
Another best Android OS for PC is Phoenix OS. It can prove to be an ideal pick for gamers to have an impressive experience on larger screens. It also includes Google Play Service that enables you to download every single app that is available on the Google Play store.
- Keymapping control functions
- Supports multiple windows
- Contains a dedicated File Manager
- Access for LAN and Ethernet
- Regular update
- Great for gamers as it accelerates the gaming experience
- Comes with Android Nougat
- Too many ads
- Complicated updates for Google play
- It no longer supports the 32-bit versions
7. Lineage OS
The Operating system allows users to download and install games and applications. One of the best Android OS for PC Lineage provides an open-source platform that has gained popularity within a short period of time. Earlier it was named Cyanogen OS.
- Screen Lock
- Privacy Guard to manage in-app permissions
- Customize display settings like theme management, brightness, icons, etc.
- Updated features on a regular basis
- Simple Mobile Internet UI
- Security within
- No physical security
- Requires continuous support from the developer
The best part about this OS is that it can adjust well in any system environment. There are different versions available for Genymotion that are On-demand, cloud, Premium, and a free version too with limited functionalities.
- Less RAM consumption
- Best security structure
- Faster access and connection with virtual devices
- Easily configurable
- Fast processor
- Automate test for applications
- Expensive paid version
- Custom display resolution not possible
- Requires a sign up before downloading
9. Android x86 Project
The next one in the list of Best Android OS for PC is Android x86 Project which is an open-source app. The OS provides an environment similar to Android on your Desktop.
- Supports WiFi and Bluetooth connections
- Active developments by developers
- Controls for multitasking
- Continuous developments taking place
- Stability in providing support
- Performance issues.
- Slow processing
10. Bliss OS x86
An open-source Android OS app that provides a secure platform in addition to a large number of advanced and updated features. It is available for desktop, tab, and stock versions that allow you to choose your preferred device.
- Customize, enhance, and optimize at different levels.
- Windows, Linux, Chromebook, and Mac compatibility
- Task Launcher and Pixel launcher
- Virtualized ARM
- Restricted hardware support
11. Remix OS
Another Android OS for PC is Remix operating system that enables users to download and use all the Android apps. The emulator also provides a taskbar for easy navigation across different apps.
- Easy to use interface
- Quick Install
- Compatibility with both 32ibit and 64 bit systems.
- Smooth and natural interface
- Great Android sync
- Not of great usage for developers
Also Read: 10 Best Free Android Games in 2020 You Must Try
12. Android Studio
Android Studio is another best Android OS for PC that allows users to change the code of the editor to make small changes as per the user requirements.
- Analyze code and edit
- Standard tests for testing apps
- Fast emulator
- Varied features for developers and testers
- Quickly detect apps through searches
- Needs update in emulation and database functioning
The last one in our list of Android OS for PC is ARChon which is an extension for Google Chrome. It is available for free and has no specific user interface elements.
- Improved compatibility
- Easy to download and use
- Works well with Mac and Linux operating systems
- Runs in the background
- Download only Chrome operating system applications
- All the apk files require conversions
14. Windows Subsystem for Android
The last one on our list of Android OS for PC is Windows Subsystem for Android. If you are a Windows 11 user, then you don’t need an entire OS for your system to use.
- Highly compatible
- Easy to use
- Free to download and use for all
- Standanole tool
- Does not support cross-platform
- Can not install some apps
The above article provides a list of the 14 best Android Operating Systems for PC that can be used for gaming, testing, or simply experiencing an Android-like environment on your PC.