Why do you need a Mac cleaner app? System junk files, cached data, partial downloads, and useless items like old backups, duplicate photos can eat up a lot of hard drive space on your Mac. Hence, it’s essential to delete them with the best Mac cleaner apps to clean up your Mac & improve its performance.
Your Mac can be storing up to 62 GB in the junk. Scary, isn’t it?
There might be a lot of unwanted and duplicate files in your Mac system, which might be the reason for your Mac running slow. Therefore, one needs to clean their system and get rid of these pests. Many people have the question, ‘How to clean my Mac?’, and the plain answer to it is not cleaning it manually but installing the best free Mac cleaning software.
What is a Mac Cleaner App?
Mac cleaner is a dedicated application designed specifically to help you boost Mac performance and free up valuable disk space by deleting all kinds of unwanted junk files, broken downloads, cached data, duplicate files, obsolete apps, browser cookies, and much more.
Mac cleaning applications come in a variety of flavors, each with its own unique set of features. To simplify your selection, we have here shortlisted the top 17 best free Mac cleaner 2022 software that you could try in 2022 to clean and optimize your Mac.
Our 3 Top Choices
Top 17 Best Mac Cleaner Software & Optimization Tools in 2022
While shortlisting the best free Mac cleaner app 2022, it is important that you pay close attention to the performance-boosting features that it claims to provide. Our curated list of Mac cleanup tools below will help you compare all the renowned cleaners available in the current marketplace.
“One of the most preferred Mac cleaning utilities in 2022”
Compatibility: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later versions
Product Version: 5.3
Best Feature: Duplicates finder
The top spot for best Mac cleaner apps goes to MacKeeper. Developed by Clario Tech Limited, MacKeeper blends features of junk cleaning program, security suite, virtual private network, and adware cleaner.
Here is a brief explanation of some of the features of this Mac cleaner tool, MacKeeper performs various functions on your Mac OS device. Let’s start with the junk file cleaning, the application performs a full scan for the hard drive of your Mac OS device. Once the scan is completed the application cleans all the junk files from your Mac device with just one click of yours.
It is one of the best Mac cleaner free and premium version. The reason why MacKeeper is the finest cleanup software for Mac is because of the security and the privacy feature provided by this particular application. MacKeeper comes with an antivirus that has a feature of real-time malware protection, this means as soon as the app detects malware in the device it takes immediate action on it and protects your Mac device all the time. Apart from malware, MacKeeper is also beneficial in cleaning the adware from your Mac device. The application deletes all the malicious apps that are attacked with ads, it removes all the unwanted ads from your Mac device and gives you a better user experience.
Next, let’s talk about the privacy feature of this application, MacKeeper comes with an ID theft guard, which keeps an eye on your data and gives an instant alert if any security issue is found with the data. Secondly, MacKeeper provides a virtual private network (VPN) to its users due to which all the browsing history and other personal information of the user is not shared with any third party. The VPN service is very useful as the IP address of the user is secured and the chances of the device getting viruses also becomes very less.
With the help of this excellent Mac cleaning and security app, you can instantly recover gigabytes of disk space by removing junk, duplicate files, leftovers, and useless apps from your Mac. Besides cleaning junk and enhancing Mac’s performance speed, you can use the application to prevent deadly malware and viruses from harming your personal data.
Taking into account the speedy performance and the beautifully designed interface, MacKeeper is certainly a winner in the world of best cleaners for Mac.
Key Features of MacKeeper:
- This Mac cleaning app helps find and remove system junk, duplicate files, and other useless items in just a few seconds.
- It even helps you clean your Mac’s memory and remove unnecessary startup items.
- It safeguards your Mac from security threats like malware, spyware, and ransomware.
- The application also offers an adware cleaning tool to block annoying ads.
- It also lets you encrypt your internet connection to keep your privacy intact.
- It offers a smart app uninstaller feature with drag and drop functionality.
- Easy-to-use, clean interface
- Clean up your Mac with a single click
- Update obsolete apps on Mac
- Find and remove duplicate files
- Free up Mac memory space
- Speed up Mac performance
- Real-time antivirus & privacy protection
- Ad-free web surfing
- 24/7 technical support via chat and phone
- Doesn’t support older macOS versions
How to Use MacKeeper?
- First of all, you need to download and install MacKeeper on your device.
- After the software is installed, launch it from the Applications folder.
- To begin with, press the “Start Full Scan” button.
- When the scan is done, review the items and press the “Fix Items Safely” button.
The premium version of MacKeeper offers three different pricing plans to its users: $10.95/1 Mac/month, $60/1 Mac/year, and $62.40/3 Macs/year. The software also has a free version, but it offers only one fix for each feature.
Why Should You Pick MacKeeper?
MacKeeper is, without a doubt, one of the most trusted and competent Mac cleaning and optimization apps available in 2022. One should pick this all-in-one cleaning app for Mac for its vast amount of features and super user-friendly interface.
Why Should You Not Pick MacKeeper?
If you are running old versions of macOS (OS X Yosemite 10.10 or earlier), then you should avoid picking MacKeeper and look out for some other programs on this list.
2. CleanMyMac X
“One of the most popular & best free Mac cleanup tools to try in 2022”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and later versions
Product Version: 4.8.4
Best Feature: System Junk cleaner
Are you looking to speed up and optimize Mac performance? CleanMyMac X is one such nifty tool that comprises all the essential optimization and malware removal tools that you search for in an ideal Mac cleaner program.
This best Mac cleaning software quickly scans and deletes all the junk and other privacy exposing items to give you an experience of a stable, faster, and optimized Mac. It effortlessly scans your entire Mac machine and clears out tons of clutter lurking in photo albums, Mails and even iTunes.
What’s great about CleanMyMac compared to other best Mac cleaner apps on this list is that it has an intuitive interface that is available in more than 12 languages including French, Arabic, and Portuguese.
Key Features of CleanMyMac X:
- This Mac cleaner & booster helps clean tons of junk to tune up Mac performance.
- It helps you scan and delete large hidden files to free up hard drive space.
- It helps you speed up your Mac by disabling unnecessary startup & memory-eating programs.
- It lets you manage your applications with its excellent Uninstaller and Updater tools.
- It even helps you protect your Mac from notorious infections like adware, malware, ransomware, etc.
Also See: Best Duplicate Photo Remover Apps for Mac
- Slick and modern user interface
- One-click Mac cleaning and optimization tools
- Helps boost RAM and clear memory on Mac
- Protects your Mac from next-gen malware infections
- Support multiple languages
- There is no free version available of CleanMyMac X
- Trial version can only remove up to 500 MB of junk
How to Use CleanMyMac X?
- Open the software and click on the “Scan” button for a full system scan.
- The software can take time depending on the junk you have
- Once the scan is complete you will observe the result in various formats including files list and file taking storage in a lens shape.
- Now you can simply select and remove all the junk and clean the PC.
CleanMyMac X Price:
MacPaw offers three different pricing plans depending on license requirements. One can get the full version of the CleanMyMac X at a discounted price of $34.95/ 1 Mac, $54.95/ 2 Macs, and $79.95/ 5 Macs for a one-year subscription. The software also offers a free trial version with certain limitations.
Why Should You Pick CleanMyMac X?
If you are looking for a program that can do more than just scan and remove junk files from your Mac, then you should definitely try CleanMyMac X. Besides junk cleaning capabilities, the tool boasts a plethora of features, including a malware removal tool, file shredder, extensions manager, and a software updater.
Why Should You Not Pick CleanMyMac X?
A very limited number of options are included in the free trial version. So, if you are not interested in shelling out some money on its premium version and only require a free product for home use, then CleanMyMac X is not the ideal pick for you.
3. MacBooster 8
“Best cleaner for Mac to try in 2022 for storage space optimization”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 and higher versions
Product Version: 8.0.5
Best Feature: Mac memory cleaner
Next in the list of best app to clean Mac is IObit official Mac app, MacBooster. It 8 is a powerful yet easy to use cleaner for Mac. The presence of a plethora of cleaning and optimizing features to boost the speed and performance of your computer makes it the best Mac cleaning software.
It helps you restore a large amount of lost disk space by clearing out all kinds of junk files present on your Mac. It also straight away puts an end to all viruses and malware-related infections to give you a safer online experience.
It is an excellent Mac cleaning utility for both professional & home users seeking to optimize their Mac machine to its peak performance.
Key Features of MacBooster 8:
- The software offers different plans for different needs.
- It offers five different tools that can be used to clean up and optimize Mac.
- It even helps in finding and deleting duplicate files on Mac.
- The software also protects the system from a range of cyber threats.
- Every user can use this cleaner tool for macOS whether they are new or a professional.
- Thorough and deep scans to clean Mac devices
- Deletes duplicate photos and unneeded large files
- Helps completely uninstall apps from Mac
- Makes your Mac boot faster than ever before
- Free version is quite limited in terms of features
- Pricing plans are quite expensive compared to its competitors
MacBooster 8 Price:
The IObit MacBooster 8 offers three different plans (currently the website is offering discounted prices). The Standard plan costs $2.49/ month and $29.95/ year and supports one device only. The Premium plan costs $4.16/month and $49.95/ year and supports 3 devices. Lastly, the Lite plan costs $79.95 for a lifetime and it supports 3 Macs.
Why Should You Pick MacBooster 8?
Unlike other Mac cleaners, Mac Booster 8 offers great features as well as 24X7 support which is why we consider it a great option to choose. The feature list includes system clean-up, optimized performance, threat protection, and others.
Why Should You Not Pick MacBooster 8?
The only factor which can affect the decision is the pricing of this software. As compared to other competitors the prices are pretty high.
“One of the most renowned & best app to clean Mac storage”
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.10 Yosemite (64bit)
Product Version: v1.18.30
Best Feature: Real-time monitoring
When it comes to cleaning, CCleaner is a great addition in the list of best Mac cleaner software. It identifies and removes all kinds of junk files, bugs and even duplicate photos to help users’ clean space on Mac computers. It is very easy to navigate, serves as a piggyback for malware, and has a simple user interface. It even offers its users a customizable cleaning tool.
CCleaner is among the best Mac cleaning software as it defines all of its features clearly, making the deleting and removing tasks effortlessly. It also has a long list of functions and features, like securing web browsing, optimizing system, and many others. With most of the software, it is a give and takes a process. But CCleaner doesn’t ask anything in return. It offers more than it should.
Key Features of CCleaner:
- Quick to install and set up.
- Manages start-up items to speed up your Mac’s boot time.
- Clears out cookies and browsing history for a safer web surfing experience.
- Finds and removes unwanted junk and temporary files, folders, and more.
- Makes your Mac cleaner and faster
- Provides an enhanced safe browsing experience
- Several customization options
- Helps optimize and clean your Mac in no time
- Automatic updates feature
- Free version offers only basic features
- Doesn’t offer any security features compared to other best Mac cleaning tools
How to Use CCleaner?
- Once you are done with the installation, run the software.
- On the home screen, you will witness two options to clean (macOS and Applications). You can choose for which you wish to scan.
- After you are done with the selection, click on the “Analyze” option.
- In a few minutes, the software will present you with the results of files that need to be deleted. You can deselect the files which you wish to keep.
- Once you are done with the selection, click on the “Run Cleaner” option.
CCleaner comes in both free and paid versions. At the time of this writing, the CCleaner Professional for 1 Mac is available at a discounted price of $19.95 for a one-year subscription.
Why Should You Pick CCleaner?
Piriform’s CCleaner is an excellent Mac cleanup app with numerous tune-up features to remove useless junk files and optimize the overall system performance.
Why Should You Not Pick CCleaner?
The topmost reason to avoid using CCleaner is that the tool offers quite fewer features compared to its competitors. Malware detection and removal is one of the main features that’s missing in the tool.
5. Disk Drill
“A powerful data recovery app with numerous options to clean Mac”
Compatibility: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and higher versions
Product Version: 4.3.316
Best Feature: Data Shredder
Disk Drill is a prominent data recovery software for Mac and comes with useful disk cleaning functions. It analyzes storage space and locates different kinds of files, making it the best memory cleaner for Mac devices. It also monitors the health of the storage device and delivers timely alerts in case of any malfunctions.
Even though its Mac cleanup tools are quite comprehensive, its primary focus is data recovery. Whatever the cause of data loss may be, data corruption or accidental deletion, Disk Drill helps you get it back. It comes in both a free and a paid pro version.
Key Features of Disk Drill:
- Fast, reliable, and easy-to-use cleaner for Mac.
- Frees up lost storage space effortlessly.
- Finds and deletes duplicate files present on your drive.
- Enables you to recover every type of file or folder on your Mac.
- Simple and straightforward user interface
- Helps speed up a slow Mac
- Protects your data from intruders
- Allows you to create byte-to-byte disk backups
- Free version doesn’t offer any Mac cleanup tools
- Focuses on recovering deleted data
Disk Drill Price:
Disk Drill for macOS is available in three different versions: Basic (free), Pro ($89/ 1 user), and Enterprise ($499/ 10 users)
Why Should You Pick Disk Drill?
If you’re looking for data recovery software that also provides various useful Mac cleanup tools, CleverFiles Disk Drill is a perfect pick for you.
Why Should You Not Pick Disk Drill?
The prime focus of the Disk Drill software is to help users recover lost or deleted files in Mac OS X. So, if cleaning up your Macintosh is your topmost priority, then we recommend you avoid picking this tool.
6. MacCleaner Pro
“Best application for managing the disk space of Mac devices”
Compatibility: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later versions
Product Version: 2.5
Best Feature: Disk Space Management
MacCleaner Pro is the best Mac cleaning application available for your Mac OS device. The software specializes in cleaning the system storage by removing all the useless and unnecessary files. Other than this you can even remove the unused old files which are acquiring space on your hard disk.
Using MacCleaner Pro you unlock more space that is occupied by useless files. The software not only specializes in offering tools but also offers after purchase services like technical support and tutorials to help every user with the problems related to usage. You can chat with the executive anytime for any kind of information and help.
Key Features of MacCleaner Pro:
- The software is quick and it doesn’t require any manual efforts as it is fully automatic.
- MacCleaner comes with a user-friendly interface that every user can easily adapt to.
- It protects your device from all types of malware and adware.
- MacCleaner Pro speeds up the overall performance of your Mac device.
- It gives you extra storage space by cleaning all the duplicate files.
- The application allows you to do Ad-free surfing on the web.
- Technical support is available 24×7 to fix all the problems related to the software.
- The software optimizes the PC performance for a better user experience.
- MacCleaner Pro has a pocket-friendly lifetime plan
- MacCleaner Pro is not supported on versions before macOS 10.11
- You don’t get a VPN in MacCleaner Pro.
MacCleaner Pro Price:
To access the services of MacCleaner Pro you need to pay a sum of 44.95$, it is a one-time charge. Also a seven days free evaluation period is also in this application.
Why You Should Pick MacCleaner Pro?
The reason why you should consider this software is that it offers an easy to adapt interface with automatic functionality which does not require much manual interaction. So, irrespective of your experience you can simply clean your Mac effectively in no time.
Why You Should Not Pick MacCleaner?
The reason for not choosing the MacCleaner Pro application is when you have an operating system below macOS 10.11, as this Mac cleaning application is essentially designed and developed for macOS 10.11 and later.
7. Daisy Disk
“Best disk space analyzer to clean & speed up your macOS”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later versions
Product Version: 4.12.1
Best Feature: Unique user interface
Daisy Disk is another beautifully-designed program to clean up Mac machines. Even though it offers only single-functionality and is not an all in one solution like many of its counterparts, its multi-faceted features make up for the gap. Daisy Disk scans and analyzes multiple disks at once to provide a visual representation of all the files in the system in the form of a daisy wheel (hence the name).
This shows the space that the blocks are taking up. This feature helps you to keep mining into the device content and preview the files before deleting them. By using this one of the best Mac optimizer and cleaning software, running full disk scans, removing unwanted files and the optimizing system will all be a child’s play.
Due to its excellent Mac optimizing qualities, it is also known as the ‘Best RAM cleaner for Mac’ of the town.
Key Features of Daisy Disk:
- DaisyDisk allows you to visualize hard disk usage on the Mac.
- It lets you free up Mac storage by detecting and removing large unused files.
- It provides real-time disk usage data in a visual interactive map.
- It lets you decide which files to delete from your Mac.
- It has a great user interface for beginners, intermediates, and professionals.
- Interactive visual representations of Mac’s hard drive space and memory
- Easy to manage user interface
- Real-time monitoring
- Helps clean up Mac in a jiffy
- Fast and accurate disk scans
- No free version available
- Limited cleaning features compared to other Mac cleaner apps
Daisy Disk Price:
The single-user license for the full version of the Daisy Disk application costs $9.99. The company behind this software also offers a free trial with some restrictions.
Why Should You Pick Daisy Disk?
DaisyDisk from Software Ambience Corp offers a very generous amount of features for anyone who wants to get rid of the old or large useless files and recover a significant amount of disk space on Mac.
Why Should You Not Pick Daisy Disk?
The free trial does not allow users to remove junk files. This means until you buy the license ($9.99), you cannot know exactly how efficiently this Mac cleaning & optimization utility works.
8. AVG Cleaner
“Best disk space analyzer to clean & speed up your macOS”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and higher versions
Product Version: 1.13
Best Feature: Disk Cleaner
AVG Cleaner is one of the best Mac cleaner apps that one can rely on any day of the month. It has a clean interface with two crucial features. The first one is ‘Disk Cleaner’ which scans the hard drive for junk files and then removes them. Any hidden cache and leftover files will be detected and cleaned out of the system.
The second one is ‘Duplicate Finder.’ It does what its name claims, it finds all the duplicate files and asks the user to delete the ones they want to. This free Mac cleaner software is not at all average in any terms.
Key Features of AVG Cleaner for Mac:
- This Mac cleaner and optimizer makes it easy to wipe out leftover data, crash logs, and temporary files.
- It has an excellent Duplicate Finder tool to find & delete useless copies of duplicate files.
- It helps save gigabytes of hard drive space on Mac.
- It provides detailed information about the detected duplicate files.
- It lets you easily move folders to the scanning area using its drag and drop feature.
Also See: 10 Best Fastest Web Browser for Mac
- Has an intuitive interface
- Helps clean and optimize your Mac for faster performance
- Allows to clean hidden junk files from your Mac computer
- Deletes unnecessary duplicate photos and other files
- Multi-lingual support
- No features to protect your Mac from malware threats
- Lacks security and privacy protection tools
AVG Cleaner Price:
You don’t need to spend any money on AVG Cleaner as it is a truly free Mac cleaning software to download and use.
Why Should You Pick AVG Cleaner?
If you’re looking for a Mac maintenance tool that’s lightweight and intuitive, AVG Cleaner for Mac is one of the best picks for you.
Why Should You Not Pick AVG Cleaner?
Despite offering some advanced features like Disk Cleaner and Duplicate Finder, AVG Cleaner for Mac lacks basic features like malware scanning and privacy protection.
“Best Maintenance and optimization tool for Mac in 2022”
Compatibility: macOS Big Sur 11.1 and higher versions
Product Version: 3.9.6
Best Feature: Verifies the startup disk
Hands down, one of the best Mac cleaner out there. It’s not only a free Mac cleaner for your computer, but it also acts as a general maintenance tool. It is better suited to professionals because of its complex user interface and brings with it an extensive selection of features to uproot all the junk from the device.
This multi-function Mac cleanup utility does almost everything and anything, from rebuilding indexes and databases to cleaning and maintaining disk to configuring parameters in the Apple applications, to structuring system files, to removing caches, apps and securing erased trash.
And you can do all the tasks without having to learn any command. Now, who wouldn’t want that? It’s available in several different versions as one need’s to choose a version-specific with its Mac operating system.
Anyone who wants to optimize Mac for gaming and unlock its full potential should definitely check out this best free Mac cleaning software.
Key features of OnyX:
- OnyX is a completely free Mac cleanup software.
- It makes it convenient to perform various maintenance and cleaning tasks on Mac.
- It helps in the accurate identification of problematic files and folders.
- It even lets you rebuild miscellaneous indexes and databases.
- This free Mac cleaner is also capable of validating the structure of the system files.
- Completely free app to clean Mac
- Offers numerous Mac maintenance and optimization tools
- Does not display any kind of promotional ads
- Supports multiple languages
- Supports both light and dark appearances
- Doesn’t provide any protection against malware and other security risks
- UI design is quite old fashioned
This cleaner for Mac requires no subscription to use, you can simply download and start the cleaning procedure.
Why Should You Pick OnyX?
The reason which makes it worth installing is that that software has a separate version available for every macOS. Whether it is macOS Big Sur 11 or macOS X Jaguar you will find a software version that works according to your OS for cleaning and optimizing the Mac machine.
Why Should You Not Pick OnyX?
OnyX is free software which is why you will not get advanced features to protect your Mac from deadly malware infections like ransomware, viruses, adware, etc.
10. Disk InventoryX
“Best Mac disk usage utility to try in 2022”
Compatibility: Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.0 and higher versions
Product Version: 1.3
Best Feature: Treemaps to visualize data
One of the best Mac cleaning software, Disk InventoryX, acts as a one-stop disk usage utility that lets you optimize your Mac computer in no time. The users can know where their disk space has gone and clean it properly. This free Mac Cleaner shows the sizes of the folders and files in a unique graphical way and marks different files with different colors to aid users in deleting them.
The graphical presentation provides detailed information about the apps. And the user gets to know which ones to remove. This brilliant Mac cleaning tool is highly recommended and is easy to install.
Key Features of Disk InventoryX:
- Disk InventoryX is an absolutely free disk space analyzer software for macOS.
- It helps you easily identify the files which take up the most disk space.
- It provides you a great overview of files and folders sizes through a colorful graphical treemap.
- It has in-app tutorial videos for beginners.
- Absolutely free disk optimizer and cleaning software for Mac
- Faster directory scanning
- Allows you to check disk space usage on your Mac
- Has a clean and user-friendly interface
- Often crashes and freezes on High Sierra when resizing windows
- No system and internet security features
Disk InventoryX Price:
Disk InventoryX Mac cleaner software is available on the internet for free. It does not charge any amount for the users.
Why Should You Pick Disk InventoryX?
The reason why you should consider this software is that it has a very easy-to-use interface with a lightning-fast processing speed. So even if you are a novice user then also you can work professionally with Disk InventoryX.
Why Should You Not Pick Disk InventoryX?
The users have observed often crashing freezing issues with the software which makes it unsuitable for use.
11. Drive Genius
“Best Mac monitoring software to try in 2022”
Compatibility: macOS Sierra 10.12.0 and higher versions
Product Version: 6.2
Best Feature: Clone synchronization
Drive Genius is one of the best Mac cleanup software available for geniuses and others alike. It gets rid of unwanted files, locates duplicate/clone files, and repartitions the device to make it efficient. It comes adorned with more than just Mac cleanup tools.
Its built-in security feature takes care of the antivirus software, Bootwell tools help to boot up the system, with the inclusion of malware check tools, and quite a few others. Its features are top-notch and incomparable to other best free mac cleaners in the market.
Key Features of Drive Genius:
- Drive Genius enables you to manage hard drive partitions on your Mac.
- It helps you locate and remove duplicate files more efficiently.
- It wipes out useless to help you free up space on your Mac’s hard drive.
- It even helps you find and repair corrupted files or folders to prevent data loss.
- It provides quick and easy access to all of your Mac’s technical specifications.
- Loads of features to clean and organize your Mac
- Deep malware scans
- Detects hardware related problems on Mac
- Lets you get rid of the duplicate files
- Allows to securely erase all the data
- A bit expensive compared to other Mac cleaning apps
- Difficult for amateur users to operate
- No complete free version
Drive Genius Price:
Drive Genius Mac cleaner has three subscription plans that include Standard License which costs $79/ year for a computer, Perpetual License that costs $99/ year for a computer, and Professional License costing $299/ year for 10 computers.
Why Should You Pick Drive Genius?
Drive Genius offers great advanced features which not only help in cleaning your Mac but also make the task of protecting and optimizing the performance of the PC easy as a breeze.
Why Should You Not Pick Drive Genius?
The reason why we would not recommend this software is due to its not-so-easy interface. If you are an amateur then this software can be tough for understanding and using the features.
12. Cleaner One Pro
“One of the best Mac disk cleaning software to try in 2022”
Compatibility: macOS Sierra 10.12 and higher versions
Product Version: 6.4.2
Best Feature: Startup Manager
One of the best Mac cleaner apps, Cleaner One Pro heals your processing system by cleaning out and removing cache files, trash files, and junk left behind by uninstalled apps.
It is an apt choice to speed up Mac as it offers disk cleaning, system monitoring, and memory optimization for a smooth performance. You can also view CPU usage and network usage in the Menu bar.
Key Features of Cleaner One Pro:
- This best free cleaner for Macintosh helps perform thorough disk cleaning scans.
- It helps delete browser cache and temporary files related to iTunes, iOS, and Mail.
- It empties out all the trash files to free up disk space on your Mac machine.
- It completely removes leftover files of applications that you uninstall.
- It provides real-time information about CPU and network usage.
- It helps free up inactive memory for your Mac’s processor.
Read Also: How To Clear or Reduce System Storage On Mac?
- Ease of use
- Boasts numerous disk cleaning tools for Mac
- Displays real-time CPU and network usage
- Excellent junk file cleaner to speed up your slow Mac
- Scanning process is quite time-consuming
- Doesn’t offer any security-related features
Cleaner One Pro Price:
The one-year subscription of the Cleaner One Pro version is currently available at a discounted price of $14.99 for 1 Mac and $29.99 for 5 Macs.
Why Should You Pick Cleaner One Pro?
The main strength of this Mac cleaning software lies in its minimalist and easy-to-use interface. The presence of powerful features such as a disk cleaning manager and file shredder makes the Cleaner One Pro software worth every penny that you spend.
Why Should You Not Pick Cleaner One Pro?
The absence of security-related features to protect devices from viruses and malware is one of the main reasons to avoid using Cleaner One Pro software.
13. Disk Doctor
“One of the best Mac cleanup apps to try in 2022”
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion and higher versions
Product Version: 4.3
Best Feature: Retina display support
One of the best Mac cache cleaners, Disk Doctor, is one doctor that your Mac hard disk really needs. It checks for errors and junk files that are in the system. Further, it optimizes the performance of the computer to increase the speed and make the processing a lot better.
It scans six areas that include language files, caches, application, logs, downloads, mail downloads, and trash can. The interface of Disk Doctor is something to rave about. It is sleek, easy to use and even supports Retina display.
A window on the interface informs about the capacity of the hard drive as well as the used and free space availability. To clean up Mac, and create more disk space, this best free Mac cleaning software is an ideal choice.
Key Features of Disk Doctor:
- This Mac cleaning app helps remove gigabytes of junk from the drive within a few minutes.
- Along with junk files, it helps in deleting partial downloads and developer files as well.
- It even allows to weed out unneeded old Applesoftware updates.
- It offers a Large File scanning option to detect and remove files that are over 100MB in size.
- The application has a superb retina display UI design.
- Slick and user-friendly interface
- Powerful Mac cleaning tools for removing junk items
- Offers software updates for old iOS
- Allows to clear system storage on Mac
- Advanced uninstaller module
- Malware and virus removal features are missing
- Free tier is not available
Disk Doctor Price:
Disk Doctor is a paid Mac disk cleaning utility that charges $2.99 for using it.
Why Should You Pick Disk Doctor?
This Mac cleaner software has advanced tools which will help you in cleaning each and every useless file that has been taking up space on your hard disk. The software can clean apps cache, browser data, app logs, download folder, partial downloads, old system updates, trash can, and others.
Why Should You Not Pick Disk Doctor?
The only negative about this software is that it does not have any features to help you protect your Mac from privacy intruders and malware threats that are lurking on the internet.
14. Omni DiskSweeper
“Best cleaner for Mac to try in 2022 for storage space optimization”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Mojave 10.14 and higher versions
Product Version: 1.12
Best Feature: Shows scanned results in descending order by size
Omni DiskSweeper is another best Mac optimizer tool that helps users sweep away the big files that take up huge storage in the computer. It helps you identify and sort every file as well as recover lost disk space. You can arrange all your files by size and can also recalculate the remaining folders and space.
It comes in a powerful little package and makes the tiring job of locating large and unused files easier and faster. It offers a perfect solution to everyone who wants more free space on their Mac.
So the next time someone says, “I have to clean my Mac, how should I do that?” show them this article and let them take their pick out of the best free Mac cleaners in the market.
Key Features of Omni DiskSweeper:
- It is entirely free Mac cleaner software for removing useless files that are occupying disk space.
- It also offers secure document syncing options for macOS and iOS devices.
- It allows users to arrange all the files and folders according to size.
- The software works at lightning-fast speed.
- It has a very clean and simple interface.
- Easy to use cleaning utility for Mac
- Hosts an intuitive interface
- Helps free up disk space on your Mac
- Quickly finds unused and large files
- Lack of advanced features
- No protection from deadly malware threats
Omni DiskSweeper Price:
Omni DiskSweeper is a free Mac cleanup tool that offers all the required tools for cleaning PCs.
Why Should You Pick Omni DiskSweeper?
This is great software having all the required tools that too at no cost. Apart from the tools offered it is very easy-to-use software. The overall package of this software makes it a decent option to consider.
Why Should You Not Pick Omni DiskSweeper?
The reason why you should not pick this software is that it lacks advanced features, as it is a free-to-use software it only offers a set of basic tools. If you wish to have a Mac cleaner with advanced features then you can switch to a paid software.
15. Gemini 2
“One of the best apps to remove duplicate files from Mac in 2022”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and higher versions
Product Version: 2.8.10
Best Feature: Duplicate file finder
Gemini 2 is an advanced Mac cleaner software which helps you in keeping your Mac clean and organizing your files. The software takes a few minutes only to perform your functions. Gemini 2 sorts every file which you want during the scan whether it is photo, music track or a doc, you can filter them according to your choice.
The users can also exclude the files which they don’t want to delete. By just one click duplicates from the Mac will be deleted.
Key Features of Gemini 2:
- The software helps recover tons of space by removing multiple copies of the same files.
- It deeply scans for every file format and presents you in the result section.
- The user has the option to filter results and then delete them.
- It is an easy-to-use software that can be used by anyone.
Also Read: Best Uninstaller for Mac to Completely Remove Unwanted Apps
- Fast and easy to operate
- Filter files depending on your choice
- User can also restore the deleted files
- Multilingual support
- Does Not support older version like Mountain Lion
- Offers only 3 day trail for free version
Gemini 2 Price:
The premium version of MacPaw Gemini 2 for a one-year subscription is currently priced at $19.95 for a single-user license, $29.95 for a two Macs license, and $44.95 for a five Macs license. The software also offers a free trial version, but it can clean only 500 MB of data.
Why Should You Pick Gemini 2?
You should pick MacPaw’s Gemini 2 software if you want to recover a significant amount of storage space on your Mac by wiping out the clutter that lurks in Photos, iTunes, and even external hard drives.
Why Should You Not Pick Gemini 2?
The software only allows users to locate and delete duplicate files from macOS. Hence, it is not recommended for users who want to clean every type of junk item (e.g., application leftovers, temp files, broken downloads, outdated caches, etc.).
16. Parallels toolbox
“One of the best apps for Mac to simplify everyday tasks”
Compatibility: macOS Sierra 10.12.0 and higher versions
Product Version: 4.5.0
Best Feature: Clean Mac’s hard drive
The Parallels Toolbox offers a variety of tools to clean junk files from Mac. The makers also state that the software will “Keep your Mac clutter-free and running at max speed.” It offers a clean interface for the user using which the user can delete and clean the Mac in one go. The user can choose from various options to clean, by dragging and dropping the software to clean or by scanning the device to clean. The software cleans drives, uninstalls apps, finds duplicates and free memory.
Key Features of Parallels Toolbox:
- This Mac cleaner scans and cleans the system with just a click.
- The interface of the software is very simple and easy to adapt.
- The cleaner offers defragging, cleaning, and software dropping option to help the user optimize system performance.
- During the cleaning process, the software deeply scans and removes all the associate files as well.
- Full system scan with just one click
- Apps and subsidiary files are also deleted in the process
- User gets the option to choose files before deleting them
- Offers variety of tools for different actions to perform
- Offers a 7 day trail
- Older versions of macOS are not supported
Parallels Toolbox Price:
The single-user license of Parallels Toolbox for Mac is available for $19.99 per year. The software also offers a 7-day free trial.
Why Should You Pick Parallels Toolbox?
Parallels Toolbox software offers an amazing suite of more than 30 tools to simplify your everyday computing tasks. With its easy-to-use tools, you can easily delete useless files, uninstall apps, compress files, capture screen, set an alarm, record audio, create animated GIFs, and more.
Why Should You Not Pick Parallels Toolbox?
Despite offering a lot of features to clean and optimize Mac performance, the software fails to provide the essential ones like privacy protection, malware removal, and startup optimization.
17. App Cleaner & Uninstaller
“A smart and efficient solution to uninstall apps on Mac”
Compatibility: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and higher versions
Product Version: 7.4.3
Best Feature: Startup optimization
If uninstalling apps is among your topmost priorities, you can try using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. The application is developed by Nektony and currently ranks among the best Mac computer cleaners due to its attractive user interface and powerful cleaning capabilities.
Besides uninstalling unneeded apps and clearing out all unwanted junk files, the software helps prevent programs from running at Mac startup, disable browser extensions/plugins/widgets, clean up leftovers of already deleted apps/ broken service files, and a lot more.
Key Features of App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- This Mac system cleaner helps delete apps on Mac completely and safely.
- It lets you manage browser and system extensions, Internet plugins, widgets, and more.
- It helps clean up application leftovers, broken downloads, caches, preference files, etc.
- It helps disable unneeded launchdaemons and system agents.
- It lets you add certain applications to the Skip list in order to protect them from accidental deletion.
- User-friendly interface
- Basic or Expert modes
- Drag and drop options
- 1500+ third-party apps supported
- Offers only a 7-day evaluation period
- Not offers malware scanning and removal feature
App Cleaner & Uninstaller Price:
The App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro and Family pack versions are available for $19.90 per device and $64.65 for up to 5 devices respectively (one-time purchase).
Why Should You Pick App Cleaner & Uninstaller?
If you are searching for a Mac uninstaller app that can let you manage startup programs and system extensions, then download Nektony’s App Cleaner & Uninstaller without thinking twice.
Why Should You Not Pick App Cleaner & Uninstaller?
The main reason why should look for other best free Mac cleaner apps is the fact that it lacks many advanced functionalities such as malware protection and large files and duplicate finder.
Comparison of the Best Free Mac Cleaner Software in 2022
Below we have provided a quick side-by-side comparison of the tools listed on our list of the best free Mac cleaning software of 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Mac Cleaning Software
Q1. What is the best Mac cleaner?
MacKeeper is undoubtedly the best free Mac cleaning software in 2022. It’s loaded with some powerful cleaning and optimizing tools such as cache manager, Miscellaneous cleaner, logs manager, performance booster, virus protection, and many others. If you want to reclaim lost storage space and keep your Mac computer clutter-free entirely, then MacKeeper is your best bet.
Q2. Which is the best Mac Cleaner app?
Here are our top preferences for the best apps to clean Mac computer:
- CleanMyMac X
- MacBooster 8
Q3. Why do we need a Mac cleaner app?
Cached data, junk and duplicate files tend to get piled up over time and eats up a significant amount of disk space in your Mac system. That’s why it is extremely important to have the best free mac cleaner program installed on your system. It automatically finds and removes all kinds of junk and unwanted duplicate items present in your Mac computer, and gives you a fast and a clutter-free Mac.
Q4. Is Mac cleaner safe?
Yes, Mac Cleaner is one of the safest software to use. However, there is still a possibility that malware and threats can attack through it. You need to be sure when you are using any software as Mac Cleaner is the same as other software which can be attacked.
Q5. Is Mac Cleaner Worth using?
Yes absolutely, Mac Cleaner is one of the best software that you can use for organizing and cleaning PCs. This software falls under the list of must-have apps for mac. So you can definitely trust the software and invest in it.
Q6. Does Mac Have a Built-In Cleaning App?
macOS comes with a built-in cleaner named Optimized Storage. This feature for cleaning is available for free and anyone can use it. However, it offers limited features to clean up which is why you have to look for other available options in the market.
Q7. Can Mac cleaner apps delete my important files?
Most of the best free Mac cleaner apps provide in-built protect to avoid any loss of important data. The selection of files to delete is done in a safe manner keeping in mid that none of the important files are deleted.
Q8. Will Mac cleaners slow down my Mac?
If you have installed the most secure and reliable cleaner for mac it can end up speeding the performance of your MacBook. However, if the cleaner seeks logins or requires extra resources from your device it will consume more resources and hence the speed will get compromised.
Q9. Are Mac cleaner apps safe to use?
Only the best cleaner for Mac which comes from trusted sources is reliable. These files are designed in a manner to find the files, not in use and are safe to remove. So before you download any mac cleaner free make sure the app comes from a source that is trusted and safe to use.
Q10. Do Mac cleaners really work?
The best Mac cleaning software allows users to declutter Mac and remove unnecessary files. However, some can speed up the performance of your MacBook while others can eat up the resource and slow down.
Final Verdict: What’s the Best Mac Cleaner Software in 2022?
These are some of the best Mac cleaner apps of 2022 on the basis of ease of use, popularity, and cleaning and optimizing features. Though, you may download any one of these to speed up your Mac at the comfort of your home and without paying a dime for it.
If you’re still having trouble choosing an ideal cleaner for Mac, we suggest using MacKeeper & CleanMyMac X due to their excellent in-depth cleaning, security, and performance optimization features.
Do let us know about your experience with the aforementioned best Mac cleaning & optimization tools in the comment section below!
#Mac #Cleaner #Apps #Clean #Optimize #Mac