Fixed: Program is Running but not Showing on the Screen
Microsoft’s Windows is a graphical operating system. It enables users to view and store files, run software, play games, watch videos, and connect to the internet. It was made available for both personal and professional use.
The latest operating system Windows 11 introduces a brand-new, more Mac-like interface to the operating system. It has a simple style with rounded corners and pastel colors. Along with the Taskbar, the classic Start menu moves to the middle of the screen. If you wish, you can return those to the left, where they were in Windows 10.
Click Below to Download
But, you may have noticed that a specific programme in Windows is running but not visible on the screen. This page contains a solution to the problem as well as other pertinent information.
When you open an application in Windows 11 or any other version, it becomes immediately visible. However, it may appear in the taskbar and Task Manager but not on the screen at times.
Recommended Post:- Windows Could Not Start Audio Service on Local Computer – Quick Guide
If you are experiencing the same issue, know that you are not alone. Many users have already reported this issue on numerous forums.
Why is an application running in the background but not visible?
If you observe that the programme is active in both the taskbar and the task manager but is not visible on the screen, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Corrupted installation files: If an app’s installation files become corrupted, the app may not appear on the screen.
- Internal Windows issues may also contribute to this problem.
- An obsolete and incompatible programme may experience this type of problem.
- Display issue: This problem can be caused by incorrect display settings or other display-related issues.
- Third-party services: This type of difficulty is also caused by third-party services.
- Problem with the registry: If certain registry entries become corrupted, it may cause the app visibility issue on Windows.
How to fix the program running but not showing on the screen Issue?
We have discovered the most precise solutions to this problem. However, before we do so, we like to accomplish the following:
- Restart your computer.
- Upgrade Windows to the most recent version.
- Check for viruses.
- Disable antivirus software.
- Update your drivers, especially the display driver.
If you still have the same problem after accomplishing all of the above, try the following troubleshooting methods to repair the programme running but not showing on the screen:
Solution 1: First, Restart Windows Explorer
- Step 1: Select Task Manager from the context menu on the taskbar.
- Step 2: Open the Processes tab if it is not already open.
- Step 3: Select Restart from the context menu of Windows Explorer.
Now, open the troublesome app to see if it works.
Solution 2: From the Taskbar, Maximize
- Step 1: Hold down Shift and right-click on the malfunctioning programme icon in the taskbar.
- Step 2: Select Maximize.
It should bring up the malfunctioning app window. This strategy works well when a programme opens in the taskbar but not on the Windows 11 screen.
Solution 3: Manually Move the Programme
- Step 1: Hold down the Shift key and right-click on the malfunctioning app in the taskbar as previously.
- Step 2: Select Move.
- Step 3: Drag the app onto your screen using the arrow buttons on your keyboard.
Solution 4: Change the Display Settings
- Step 1: On the keyboard, press Win + I to access Windows Settings.
- Step 2: Navigate to System and select Display.
- Step 3: Make several screens visible.
- Step 4: Uncheck the box next to Remember window placements based on monitor connection.
- Step 5: If you have many monitors, adjust the display to Show only on 1 or 2, and so on.
- Step 6: Restart your computer.
- Step 7: Determine whether or not the problem has been resolved.
- Step 8: Return to your monitor’s settings.
Users with dual displays or who have recently disconnected the second monitor may experience this issue. They may notice software that is running but is not visible in Windows 11.
It’s because Windows may have remembered the X and Y coordinates of the programme window, which are incorrect in this case. This approach will be useful in this circumstance.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Software
- Step 1: Navigate to the Windows 11 Settings menu.
- Step 2: Navigate to Apps and select Installed apps.
- Step 3: Select Uninstall from the three vertical dots adjacent to the malfunctioning app.
- Step 4: Reinstall it on your computer.
Solution 6: Perform a Clean Boot
- Step 1: On the keyboard, press Win + R to open Run.
- Step 2: Enter the following command.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Services section.
- Step 4: Select Hide all Microsoft Services and Disable all.
- Step 5: Press the OK button.
- Step 6: Restart your computer.
If a clean boot resolves the issue, the problem is caused by a malfunctioning third-party service. Identify it and disable it, or delete the associated programme.
Solution 7: Repair the Registry
- Step 1: Get a third-party utility such as.
- Step 2: Put it on your computer.
- Step 3: Check your computer for registry issues.
- Step 4: Use this tool to remedy the problems.
Solution 8: Use the “Show Open Windows” Option
When an application is open but not visible, you can use the Show open windows option in the taskbar, according to internet sources.
- Step 1: Right-click the space on the taskbar and choose to Show the desktop.
- Step 2: Then, on the taskbar, right-click an empty area and select Show open windows.
- Step 3: Repeat the previous steps numerous times before attempting to open your stuck software to see whether it is visible on the screen.
Windows 11 programmes should no longer be open but not displayed on the screen as of now. If the problem persists, you may want to attempt restarting Windows or performing a clean reinstall.
In summary, “program is running but not showing” is not an intractable issue. We hope this information has helped you discover an efficient solution. If still the issue persists, connect with the support team at Microsoft.
#Fixed #Program #Running #Showing #Screen